[SI-LIST] Re: zero ohm jumper spice models ??

  • From: "Harvey, Wilbur" <Wilbur.Harvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gstokes@xxxxxxxxx,"'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:23:51 -1000

I wonder, when a proper model is used, how this would affect the simulation
of a series termination resistor. At high frequencies, and close trace to
plane separation (say 3 mil), there could be quite a bit of difference
between resistors film being up/down. At high frequencies, in the gigahertz
range, he effective impedance of the resistor would seem to change quite a
bit.

If anyone comes up with a proper model I would love to  see it.
We use mostly 0402 resistors on 0.020" square pads.

Wilbur Harvey - Engineer
Spirent Communications Inc., www.adtech-inc.com
First Hawaiian Center, 999 Bishop St.. Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96813
Tel: +1 (808) 440 3494, +1 (808) 440 3363 (Direct)
Mobile: +1 (808) 221 0395