[SI-LIST] Re: local and global ground

  • From: "Perry Qu" <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:54:12 -0500

Larry:

You have a good point. My inital intention of this simulation is to find out
crosstalk originated from connector alone. Thus I used a very simple circuitry
with ideal voltage source with soure termination, ideal transmission line (50
ohm
t line) and 100 ohm termination at daughter card. The loca/global ground issue
came up when I hook up the circuit at main board and daughter card to the
connector model.

The ampmeter method you recommended is interesting and i haven't used it
before. I
will give it a try,  not only for solving the problem but for my own learning
and
understanding.

BTW, thanks for all those who replied. I do benifit a lot from this discussion.

Regards

Perry

List archives are viewable at: