[SI-LIST] Re: how EM wave propagates through space

  • From: earl albin <earlalbin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ihsan Erdin <erdinih@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 09:18:05 -0700

Actually an electron doesn't really need a conducting media. For instance
when an electron traverses a shell, in particular when it goes to a lower
energy state and emits a photon of a wave length associated with that energy
difference, that emission is EM energy (LED).
But I like Vinod's answer, disturbance of energy, which is conservative.
That means the disturbed energy (photon/EM) travels and imparts energy into
some other form when it impacts. A photon striking an antenna and creating a
current. A photon striking steal and creating heat

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: