[SI-LIST] how EM wave propagates through space

  • From: S A <shahbaz_assad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 09:38:37 +0000

Hi Experts,

My question is related to propagation of EM waves.
As EM waves have electric field and magnetic field and as we know that electric
field is due to the motion of electrons and require some conducting medium.But
I am confused that how EM wave propagate through space. what happens to the
electric and magnetic field?
I am sorry my question is very basic. but what happens to the electric and
hence magnetic field in space and how these fields exists in space.

Thanks,
Shahbaz Assad

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net