[SI-LIST] Re: Virus Attachments?

  • From: "Peter Arnold" <parnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jonpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx,cycheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:11:24 -0700

All,

This likely means that someone who has corresponded with both SI-List and
the virus recipients has become infected. That person's machine is sendin=
emails with to-address and spoof from-addresses both gathered from its MS
address book. The infected person has therefore at some stage sent or
received mail to/from SI-LIST and _also_ to/from Tom and the other
recipients. That should be a clue (assuming it's only one infected box).

All list participants could usefully virus-check our machines... which of
course we or our IT depts. should be doing anyway. It's a jungle out ther=
e.

peter arnold
(no viral attachments received yet)