[SI-LIST] Re: TDR and S-parameter

  • From: "Antonis Orphanou" <orphanou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:52:57 +0000

cool Scott, Jory
I agree with your statements. Loss in the TDR relationship is accounted for
only in the characteristic impedance but not the return wave attenuation. I
guess this is where the TDR definition is not sufficient in accounting for all
the losses in the interconnect as far as the reflected wave is concerned. The
received waveform is blind to what happens beyond the input. Yeah sometimes
gating your waveforms can help improve the TDR a little bit...
Regards
Antonis.