[SI-LIST] Re: Sj frequency and relation to BER

  • From: Iliya Zamek <i_zamek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx" <ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx>, SI-LIST <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:14:14 -0700 (PDT)

Vinod,

We observed Jitter resonance at 36MHz testing system of Chip/Package/PCB. These
Jitter peaking happen due to resonance of a
corresponding PDN system. You might want to take a look on measurement results
of Clock Tree jitter presented on Figure 3 in
http://www.semtech.com/power-management/On-Chip-Jitter-and-System-Power-Integrity.pdf

I/O experence similar resonances (see
http://application-notes.digchip.com/038/38-21381.pdf).

While it is not enough data to say that this is a reason in your case, it has
high probability that it is the same effect that we studied.
Best regards,
Iliya Zamek