[SI-LIST] Sj frequency and relation to BER

  • From: vinod ah <ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI-LIST <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:01:58 +0530

Hi all,

I am testing a serial IO Rx running at 5Gbps to meet BER of 1 in
10^-12. I am using BERT for testing where i sweep the Sinusoidal
jitter (Sj) from 10 MHz to 50 MHz with Sj amplitude being constant
40ps.

I see BER failure at 33MHz, while there is no BER failures at any
other Sj frequencies. The CDR in Rx  is having JTF of 3.5MHz, hence it
won't track the jitter of 10MHz to 50MHz.

So was trying to find what might be causing the BER failure at 33MHz,
while the BER passes at 50MHz or 10MHz. Unable to understand relation
of Sj frequency to BER.

Regards
Vinod A H

List forum  is accessible at: