[SI-LIST] Re: Sj frequency and relation to BER

  • From: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 07:57:10 -0400

Vinod,

Your nominal bit time and deviation of sinusoid jitter is in perfect
integer relationship, which could make it statistically very sensitive
to small variations of parameters.
I just wonder how your circuit would behave if you detuned one or the
other slightly but noticeably.

Regards,

Istvan Novak
Oracle

On 6/17/2013 5:31 AM, vinod ah wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am testing a serial IO Rx running at 5Gbps to meet BER of 1 in
> 10^-12. I am using BERT for testing where i sweep the Sinusoidal
> jitter (Sj) from 10 MHz to 50 MHz with Sj amplitude being constant
> 40ps.
>
> I see BER failure at 33MHz, while there is no BER failures at any
> other Sj frequencies. The CDR in Rx  is having JTF of 3.5MHz, hence it
> won't track the jitter of 10MHz to 50MHz.
>
> So was trying to find what might be causing the BER failure at 33MHz,
> while the BER passes at 50MHz or 10MHz. Unable to understand relation
> of Sj frequency to BER.
>
> Regards
> Vinod A H

List forum  is accessible at: