[SI-LIST] Re: Routing High Speed over partial GND & partial split plane references

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:59:20 -0500

Not.  Return currents from the high power single-ended DDR will create
common mode currents that will be injected into the differential signals
and will be a cause of increased EMI

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM, N. Paul Taddonio <
paul.taddonio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think not. I would look at return currents as generating locally to the
> trace, and with equal spacing they should be equal in magnitude in the GND
> and VDD ref paths.
> They won't know that the VDD path is a bad way to go and prefer the GND
> path.    The effect of the discontinuity is only reduced by half.
>
> Paul

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
16 Stormy Brook Road
Falmouth, ME 04105

(401) 284-1827 Business

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: