[SI-LIST] Re: Rise/Fall time Vs Bit rate.

  • From: rajneesh shukla <rajneeshs123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 19:56:10 +0530

Thanks Steve, Rohit & everyone for clearing my doubt.
So if I understood it right, if low bit rate signal is data signal then
chances of SI problem will be minimal but if it's strobe or reset signal
then we must analyse it for SI problem.

As a follow-up question...I would like to know how to handle SI problem in
low bit rate signals like strobe or reset signal.  do we need to take some
special precaution or just need to have controlled impedance & resistive
termination ? I don't think that I have ever seen resistive termination  in
reset/strobe signal.

rajneesh

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Faraydon Pakbaz <pakbazf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Istvan, Tesla;
>
> If I am not mistaken this is the paper than Istvan had in mind. It was
> presented in designcon 2009.
>
> "Switching Voltage Regulator Noise Coupling Analysis for Printed Circui=
> Board Systems"
> Amy Luoh, Gene Garrison, Jon Powell
>
> Regards;
>
> Don Pakbaz
>

> |------------>
> | From:      |
> |------------>
>   >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -------|
>   |Tesla <emcesd@xxxxxxx>                                              =
>                                                                        =
>   >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -------|
> |------------>
> | To:        |
> |------------>
>   >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -------|
>   |"Istvan Novak" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>                           =
>                                                                        =
>   >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -------|
> |------------>
> | Cc:        |
> |------------>
>   >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -------|
>   |weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                            =
>                                                                        =
>   >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -------|
> |------------>
> | Date:      |
> |------------>
>   >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> -------|
>   |08/29/2012 02:43 AM                                                 =
>                                                                        =
> -------|
> | Subject:   |
> [...]

List forum  is accessible at: