[SI-LIST] Re: PCIe Oscilloscope

  • From: "Steven Kan" <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SI-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:25:34 -0700

Heh. I thought he was asking about a PC-based 'scope :)

On that note, does anyone here have experience with USB-based oscilloscopes?
I am looking for something to use for customer demos of our systems, and
would prefer not to have to lug a full-fledged scope around. Luggage is a
step-function, and right now I'm very nearly full.

I need only two channels + trigger, and really need only about ~200 MHz
analog bw. 50 Ohm termination would be nice, but I can get by with an inline
terminator if I need to. I don't need much in the way of features and
smarts; I just need to display waveforms without horrible lag.

I've read various reviews for PC-based 'scopes, but I'd like some feedback
from real engineers who have actually used any of these.

Any recommendations or contra-recommendations? Thanks!
--
Steven Kan                             (p) 310-515-5330 x24
Pulse Instruments                          (f) 310-515-0068

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: