[SI-LIST] Re: PCI Express AC Coupling

  • From: Chris Johnson <cjohnson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Joseph.Schachner@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:59:34 -0500

Thanks to all who replied, especially Joe.  I'm designing a Virtex-5
based PCI Express card, and I intend to use Xilinx's canned PCI Express
IP.  I'm trying to avoid getting into the really low level bus details
as much as possible, since the interface is just a small part of the
design.  I will of course make sure that all of the differential pairs
are correctly impedance controlled, and now I know how to handle the AC
coupling.

If anyone has any experience with the Xilinx LogiCORE Endpoint Block
Plus IP, I'd love to hear any caveats you might have.

Chris

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: