[SI-LIST] Re: PCI Express AC Coupling

  • From: "Michael Rose" <mrose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chris Johnson" <cjohnson@xxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:46:36 -0500

Chris, I thought PCIe required AC coupling on both ends(?). Generally, I
like to place the coupling caps on the RX end since the channel
attenuates the slew rate making the impedance discontinuity a bit less
severe. In some cases, AC coupling on both ends has the advantage of
tolerating a short circuit through the interconnect without damaging the
driver.

Mike