[SI-LIST] PCB tracks

  • From: Philippe Robert <PhilippeR@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:22:33 +0100

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of doing a new PCB, at the routing stage. In
the router that I am using, there is an option to have 90-degree or
45-degree angles on the tracks. I know that it is better to have the option
set to 45 to avoid changing too much the impedance of the tracks. I designed
few board using that option.

In the router, there is an other option to have curves instead of angles on
the tracks. Theoretically, it should be better in terms of impedance as the
width of the track vary even less.

Could someone tell me if curves are better than 45-degree angles and why ?

Best regards.
Philippe.

List archives are viewable at: