[SI-LIST] Re: Mysterious "glitch" in the simulation?

  • From: "Cuong Nguyen" <cuong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Dan Smith'" <Dan.Smith@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:25:29 -0700

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's unfortunate that I could not post the
screenshots to clarify my
Points.  The circuit is very simple:  One driver, series resistor, T-line,
and receiver.  The
"glitch" is a small one (not multiple like a reflection) that is crossing
the threshold area.

If one choose to probe at the die and disregard signaling at the pins, then
aren't we ignoring
potential crosstalks and EMI issues to adjacent signals?  Other word, I
can't just say
"Oh life is good at the die and I'm gonna forget the rest of the board?"

Thoughts?

Cuong