[SI-LIST] Re: Microstrip/Stripline

  • From: <jose_moreira@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:25:59 +0100

Hi,

On this discussion between microstrip and striplines I do not see any =
reference to the fact that a microstrip is in fact not surounded by air =
but it does have a plating surface and probably solder mask on top of =
that and on the sides.

At designCon 2006 there will be an article showing some of the =
difference between microstrips with different plating techniques (Si, =
NiAU, etc..) and striplines. There is a difference and for test and =
measurement this difference can be significant if you have long trace =
lengths.

The microstrips were 21mils wide in Rogers4350 and the striplines were =
19mils also in Rogers.

Best Regards
Jose Moreira

Jose Moreira
Senior Application Consultant
STS Center of Expertise

Agilent Technologies R&D and Marketing GmbH & Co.KG
Herrenberger Strasse 130
CCST-BUS
D-71034 Boeblingen
Germany