[SI-LIST] Re: Matching impedance

  • From: "Larry Barnes" <larry.barnes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "silist" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:03:35 -0800

Scott,

If you are looking for a broadband match, you have to keep in mind the =
lower end of the spectrum of the signal.  The length of the taper is =
proportional to the wavelength of this frequency.  An example would be =
an 8B-10B data stream, the lower end would be a series of nulls while =
the upper end would be alternating data.  I seem to recollect looking at =
this technique for matching Fibre Channel signals and came up with a =
taper that needed to be on the order of 18 inches.

Larry

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Lawrence C. Barnes
QLogic Corporation