[SI-LIST] Re: Matching impedance

  • From: Betty Luk <bl87@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:07:43 -0500

Hello,

I am a bit confused as to when certain impedance matching schemes should be
used.  (This is related to the question I posted last week regarding
impedance matching for high freq PCB).  There seems to be two major categories

1) resistive termination (this seems to be the accepted method for most PCBs)
2) as referenced below, Microwave techniques (such as stub matching,
tapered lines, etc)

Which method should be used when?

Thanks in advance,
Betty