[SI-LIST] Re: Low Cost PCB Layout Software

  • From: "Ooi, Ching Leong" <ching.leong.ooi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:18:45 +0800

Hi List,,
To add on to Stuart's recommendation..

 You need to compile GEDA from Linux/Unix/Posix like Box, which can be
messy at time, it comes in source code. I tried before with decent
success but took a good while. Use NetBSD 3.x, fedora Core and above, if
you have some old box and some time to spare and build your own layout
station, you can try play with it, only PCB layout that will work under
window, here is how. Install cygwin, compile the PCB source under
there,(only PCB, rest of GEDA won't work) you need to startX under there
before you can launch your PCB tool. =20

For EaglePCB. The Free education version is limited to certain size 3 x
?? inches In size. Also layer count is limited. It is nice software ,
simple to use. Commercial version cost money, but much cheaper compare
name like Cad**** and Men*** Zu***

Have a nice day.. CL