[SI-LIST] Re: Level Translator parts

  • From: keithK EPD <epd2001usa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:37:58 -0400

I just experienced an un-expected signal response.    It involved a 5v driver
(HCT245), series ferrite, ribbon cable,
and a 5v to 3 volt part ST2378 driving a 3volt data bus req'd for the new LCD -
this whole thing was due to a display going
obsolete and a new one to replace the old one.   (bus cycle is around 1usec)

 So, you think that this would be a simple data bus tranlation part to
accomplish the job .... the LCD data bus is bi-directional (r/w, of course)
....   On the bi-directional data bus,  I got a wonderful ringing on the bus
while a write bus cycle was occuring, that didn't allow the bus to find a good
low level.   Sounds like the signals experienced an open circuit....

the 5 control uni-directional signals to the display behaved as expected.

comments / solutions welcome.

Keith Kowal
781-593-0199 (h)

www.product-designs.com