[SI-LIST] Re: Level Translator parts

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Muranyi, Arpad'" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:21:11 -0700

Arpad

Since Keith was having issues getting a good low I suspect his new driver
has a much faster edge than his old 5V driver.  Faster edges can cause all
kinds of SI issues.  And many drivers are asymmetric in their edge rates
where the falling edge is much faster than the rising.

I'm also curious if Keith even needed to go through this exercise.  Many
modern 3.3V receivers are 5V tolerant...  And if the new driver has a "TTL"
type output the output level will not drive all the way to 5V.

Just a thought.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane