[SI-LIST] Re: How to embedded and to deembedded the clock to serial signal, such as GE and PCI-E

  • From: "zheng qi" <qzheng.hb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: l30136 <zhenhong.sz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:21:51 +0800

How can you  reason out determinately  that  crosstalk was causing=20
Bit Error . By quieting  the  aggressive  line  and  then  error=20
eliminated .Verifying it ?
I guess that you were checking  bit  error on  machines  such as
Smartbit or similarities.  so  the bit error was  the last effect of
many causes and their combination. which including  almost all SI/PI
issues .  software  and hardware design bugs etc . all of these were
need to affirmed one by one .
In one case I had encountered  was  improper analog power filter
device resulting  Gbit  singal link error on   Verified :)

 ************************************
 qzheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 <qzheng.hb@xxxxxxxxx >
 2006-4-5
 ************************************

>2006/4/5, l30136 <zhenhong.sz@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> In one of our cases,zhangkun and me find GE is so sensitive to >crosstalk=
.
> we use oscilloscope find the eye is perfect, when we disable the >GE,we c=
an find GE has only 70mv crosstalk from others signal.
> Even we add 70mv crosstalk to the eye , the perfect eye still will not
> touch the GE eye pattern(the pattern state by IC manufacturer).
> Why little crosstalk will result in bit error?
>
> Best Regards
> li zhen hong

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: