[SI-LIST] Re: HSpice Models in SPECCTRAQuest

  • From: Ray Anderson <Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:59:45 -0700 (PDT)

Juergen-

Interesting. Sounds like a recent development.

Reading the blurb on the Cadence web page I get the
impression that the solution is vendor specific
(some chip vendors may support the capability and some
may not).

So it seems it is a two pronged solution as I understand
it:

        1) you must be using devices from a vendor that also
        uses both Hspice and SQ and chooses to use the new
        design kit.

        2) then you need to have a licensed copy of Hspice
        that SQ can utilize as an optional simulation engine.

While there are a number of 'ifs' that must be satisfied, it
sounds that at least there is a path for utilizing the encrypted
models.

Thanks for the info!

-Ray Anderson
Sun Microsystems Inc.

>Please take a look at=20
>
>http://www.cadencepcb.com/products/specctraquest/whatsnew.asp
>
>where the second bullet and included link address the use of encrypted =
>HSpice models within SPECCTRAQuest.
>Be aware that a licensed copy of HSpice is needed to be able to utilize =
>HSPice as the simulator option within SPECCTRAQuest.
>
>Regards
>
> Juergen Flamm
>Senior Technical Leader                Office Phone: 1-818-881-9965 =20
>PCB Systems Division           Cell Phone:     1-818-642-2633
>Cadence Design Systems, Inc.   Help Desk:      1-877-237-4911
>1960 East Grand Ave., Suite 1070       E-Mail:   jflamm@xxxxxxxxxxx
>El Segundo, CA 90245   Web Site: http://www.cadencepcb.com

List archives are viewable at: