[SI-LIST] HSpice Models in SPECCTRAQuest

  • From: Andreas Grübl <andreasgruebl@xxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:31:23 +0200

Hello Experts!

I have to set up a simulation using encrypted HSpice models (Xilinx VirtexII,
differential output buffers, lvds25) within SPECCTRAQuest. According to the
SQ-docu (template file) I need an 8 terminal Spice-model representing a
differential package with the following node assignment:

      power = 1
      output = 2
      ground = 3
      input = 4
      enable = 5
      power-clmap_reference = 6
      ground clamp reference = 7
      output_inv = 8 (? should be this one, not clearly documented)

The Xilinx-provided files are:

lvds25.sp which, for me, only seems to set up the power environment and inludes
the file:

netlist.main: Herein several driver-internals are stated along with .subckt
lvds25 (which seems to be "the driver").

The main netlist seems to be called "xIO" and is called with much more nodes
than 8. The problem for me seems to be that in the .sp-file no .subckt's are
being defined; that's all done in netlist.main and there are several .subckt's.
In the SQ-Template file only one .subckt is called, which leads to more lack of
understanding on my side...

I'm new to this and as no one in my workgroup can help me out I'm really stuck
with this "problem". Has anyone of you ever included an (encrypted)
HSpice-model (esp. the Xilinx-ones ;-)) in a cadence .dml-library and could
give me a hint or even post his or her solution?

Regards and many thanks in advance

Andreas G.

List archives are viewable at: