[SI-LIST] Re: Getting Started

  • From: "Carrier, Patrick" <Patrick_Carrier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chris Maryan" <cmaryan@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:30:05 -0600

Hi Chris--

In your case I would strongly suggest looking at software tools targeted
at signal integrity and power integrity in PCB design.  I think they
will let you get up to speed and getting results a lot faster than some
of the more general purpose tools out there.  I agree with the other
posts about getting the tool vendor to come and run your design.  Even
better would be if you can get your hands on the software and run it
yourself.

Your description below fit HyperLynx so perfectly I had to respond.  If
you take a look at www.hyperlynx.com there are a bunch of papers and
on-demand webinars on performing SI and PI analysis, with subjects like
DDR2, multi-Gb serial, and DC Drop analysis.  Feel free to contact me
directly with further questions as well.

--Pat

Patrick Carrier
Technical Marketing Engineer
High Speed Design