[SI-LIST] Re: GND Separation for Analog & Digital circuits

  • From: Chris Cheng <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jrbarnes@xxxxxxxxx'" <jrbarnes@xxxxxxxxx>,Chris Cheng <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:41:53 -0800

It all sounds great to promote your book and your service. But my question
remains, why does one need to create mesh power planes on PCB and what is
the technically reason behind it. Have you yourself done any work to justify
the methodology ? I read your response and 99% of it seems to be a book and
service promotion coupled with a pile of MCM reference paper that has
nothing to do with PCB design. In am interest in your personal  technical
answer. Did I miss anything ?