[SI-LIST] Re: Floating Cable Shield

  • From: Ivor Bowden <ivorlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Shawn Nikoukary <shawnn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:06:56 -0700

Hi Shawn,

I don't have a camera here, but the cable had ID on it, so I looked it
up on the web. If you go to:
http://www.vantecusa.com/product-accessory.html#
and click on
Rounded Cable -> IDE
you can see an image. The cable I have is the clear one with the silver
braid. The images aren't that big, but you can get an idea.

It doesn't make any sense to me, that's why I posted. If there is to be
a shield on the cable, it should be well grounded at both ends, imo.

Ivor

on 10/11/2006 8:38 AM PDT Shawn Nikoukary wrote:
> Hello Ivor,
>
> Is it possible for you to send us a pic or the link of manufacturer for
> this cable?  I am curious to see how it looks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shawn Nikoukary               Cadence Design Systems
> Sales Technical Lead                  2655 Seely Ave, MS 9B2
> Silicon Package Board Division        San Jose, CA 95134
> Office (408) 944-7328                 Cell (408) 712-1073
> Email: shawnn@xxxxxxxxxxx     Fax (408) 944-7772

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org