[SI-LIST] Re: Floating Cable Shield

  • From: "Clewell, Craig" <Cclewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ivorlist@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <ivorlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:05:26 -0400

Ivor,

That is quite an interesting configuration, and it seems quite the waste of
copper :>).  At the risk of becoming too loquacious I will direct you to
Henry Ott's book "Noise Reduction Techniques in Electronic Systems".  There
is a whole chapter dedicated to this question, and shows the good, the bad
and the ugly ways of terminating a cable including what happens when you
attach the shield at one end vs. both.

CC