[SI-LIST] Re: Floating Cable Shield

  • From: Yu Wang <wangy_km@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:27:20 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure if my model is correct or not. anyway,
it's just my 2 cents. I think the Floating Cable
Shield can be modeled as a wave guide and we all know
that wave guide can somehow confine and conduct the
wave energy, although it dosen't eliminate the wave
(or dissipate the energy) to a significant extent.
However, for passing EMC test, it may be helpful
because the attena dosen't cover 4-pi solid angle, a
wave guide can steer the radiation off the beam. To me
it's like the trick poeple played with smeared clock,
energywise it does not help, spectrumwise, it does.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: