[SI-LIST] Re: FW: AC Blocking capacitor relative positions andreferenceplanevoids

  • From: "Lakshmi N. Sundararajan - PTU" <lakshmi.s@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Yuriy Shlepnev" <shlepnev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steve Weir" <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:22:47 -0800

Lee,
You say..
" The tests I
have run are on nets with capacitors so mounted and the loss vs frequency
measurements made up to 6 GHz.  "

Maybe these voids become more necessary when the frequency is above 6GHz?
I have seen this layout requirement coming from the IC vendor for a 10Ghz
transceivers.
Currently we are using 6Ghz transceivers in production without this void and
are seeing good margins.

Thanks,
-LN