[SI-LIST] Re: Determination RLC value of a pin

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:17:11 -0800

Siddharth

The pin starts at the point of contact between the board's solder pad and
the IC and continues all the way to but not including the metal on the
silicon die.  So the pin model in IBIS describes the electrical path from
board to silicon.  As Lynne points out each pin can have a different path,
where Zo, length, coupling, etc. can be different from other pins in the
same package.

Tom Dagostino

Teraspeed Labs
9999 SW Wilshire St.