[SI-LIST] Determination RLC value of a pin

  • From: Siddharth Rajagopalan <maxsidhu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 09:52:16 +0530

Dear experts,
                 I came across some IBIS files for DDR memory where there
are  several RLC values for the pins of the same group. For example,
Different pins of DQ group have different RLC values. I was of the
understanding that the geometry of a pin (in this case, a bump under the
IC) determines the RLC value of that particular pin. Don't these pins have
the same bump geometry. why do we have different values?? Kindly help me
correct my understanding.
--
Thanks,
Siddharth Rajagopalan