[SI-LIST] Re: Determination RLC value of a pin

  • From: Ray Anderson <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "maxsidhu@xxxxxxxxx" <maxsidhu@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:44:06 +0000

Siddharth-

Typically when the RLC values for the various nets in a package are extracted,
the extraction accounts for the RLC parasitics from the top of the die bump to
the bottom of the BGA ball (for a flip-chip package). So even though pins (die
bumps) may have identical geometries for each net, the connecting traces in the
package may be of differing lengths which will lead to differing RLC values as
reported in the IBIS model.

Regards,

-Ray

Raymond Anderson
Senior Signal Integrity Staff Engineer
Programmable Platforms Development
Silicon Technology Group
Signal Integrity and Package Development Department
Xilinx Inc.