[SI-LIST] Re: DDR3 Signal Quality & Timing Analysis - Probe Location at DRAM - Pin or Die?

  • From: "Pugazharasan Selvanathan - ERS, HCL Tech" <pugazharasan.s@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:21:29 +0530

Hello Hermann,

Thanks for your ideas. I absolutely agree with all your points.

I simulated with different end termination values for DDR3 clock. Currently the
parallel termination value is set at 49.9 ohms. Reducing the termination value
improves the signal quality at all DRAMs, even at die. However, I will do
careful analysis in obtaining good clock signal at all DRAMs.

Like you said, fly-by topology requires careful optimization, simulation and
verification.

Thanks,
Pugazh