[SI-LIST] Re: Converting SPICE rlgc files into ADS

  • From: Ozgur Misman <omism@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:59:49 -0700

Well,
I think the coupled t-line elements in the ADS multilayer interconnect
libaray account for the metal loss.
Substrate loss can also be defined in the stackup and also is part of
multilayer library,
Obviously this is not whats being asked here but as a general pointer i
know that lossy coupled transmission line models
are part of ADS library and simulations that  properly accounts for
dielectric and metal losses
is something that can be accomplished within ADS.
Ozgur

"Grossman, Brett" <brett.grossman@xxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on 02/24/2005
02:39:24 PM

Please respond to brett.grossman@xxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    <hmiranda@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:

Subject:    [SI-LIST] Re: Converting SPICE rlgc files into ADS

Henrique,

I apologize if this sends you in the wrong direction as I am pulling it
from a rusty memory.

But...

Within ADS, the transmission line elements in the multi-layer library
have an option to save the model in RLGC format.  I believe that this
same element can then be used to point back to the RLGC file, and then
use this file instead of the internal field solver to define the model.

I also believe that the format of the RLGC matrix elements is defined
differently between ADS and Hspice, and that ADS describes their format
(and perhaps the difference) in their help files.

So, you could convert your RLGC matrix into an ADS RLGC matrix file, and
then use the mutli-layer tline element to point to this new file.

Sorry again if any of this is incorrect.  I have a recollection of doing
it once, and writing an excel macro to generate the ADS file from the
Hspice file. But unfortunately lack the recall ability to find it
immediately.

Best regards,
-Brett