[SI-LIST] Converting SPICE rlgc files into ADS

  • From: Henrique Miranda <hmiranda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:43:55 +0000 (WET)

Hello all,

I have a rlgc file (used in a SPICE w-element) that models a coupled line
system and I would like to use this model in the ADS simulator.

This file is as follows:

* N (number of lines)
2

* Lo (inductance matrix)
255e-9
20e-9   255e-9

* Co (Capacitance matrix)
95e-12
-11e-12 95e-12

* Ro (Resistance matrix)
3.98
0       3.98

* Go  (conductance matrix)
1.2e-12
0       1.2e-12

* Rs (skin effect matrix)
0.003
0       0.003

* Gd (dielectric loss matrix)
7.5e-12
0       7.5e-12

Is there a way to convert the rlgc file data into some ADS library component?
From library search the most promising component to achieve this is the
CLINP (Libra Lossy Coupled Transmission Lines) which asks for even and odd
mode impedances, even and odd mode effective dielectric constants and even and
odd mode attenuation (dB/m). I seems that there are no frequency dependent
elements in this component (which I need to include)

Are there other alternatives that I am missing?

Thank you very much for any help.

Henrique

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: