[SI-LIST] Re: Calculating Zin for a DSP Clock

  • From: Ray Anderson <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jesuscastanemnez@xxxxxxxxx" <jesuscastanemnez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 17:06:35 +0000

Jesus-
Note that the R_pkg, L_pkg and C_pkg parameters contain the  min,max and
nominal values for all the nets in the package. The Zin you calculate for a
particular pin (CLK in your query) using the global data will probably yield an
input impedance far from the actual value for that particular pin.

You really need the [Pin] data (which is not provided in the model you
reference) to get anywhere near an accurate value from your calculation.

-Ray Anderson
Xilinx Inc.