[SI-LIST] MLCC Derating

  • From: Ajay Dhingra <ajay.dhingra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:38:37 +0530

Hi All
Regarding MLCC viz X5R/X7R/Y5V
Is there any standard way of calculating ultimate degraded(de-rated) value
of the capacitor. Datasheets define various kind of de-ratings viz, DC
bias, AC Bias, Temperature, Aging, DC Bias aging etc. But it's not
specified if we need to account for all of them to come at final de rated
values. I have observed all the de-ratings are not independent and varies
with others.

Does a capacitor has a saturated value? and some test to find that.

Thanks
--
AJAY DHINGRA
Bangalore, India