[SI-LIST] 8-layer PCB Stackup - Follow Up

  • From: "Kevin Khuu" <kevin98146@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:04:42 -0700

I like stackup A, but have the following question.

If I make the spacings between layers 3 & 4 and between layers 5 & 6 big,
this will affect the trace impedance on layer 3 and layer 6 respectively.
Therefore, I'm thinking about keeping these spacings small, but increasing
the spacing between layers 4 and 5 (between +5V and +12 planes) to meet the
required PCB thickness.  Are there any disadvantages?

1) Signals
small space
2) GND
small space