[SI-LIST] Re: 50 ohm and 130 ohm on the same board

  • From: "Salkow, Steven" <steven.salkow@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: prasadsa@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:59:03 -0700

S A Prasad:

You could use a low dielectric material on exterior surfaces such as =
Polyimide (3.1~3.3) this will help. However, 50 ohm trace widths would =
be around 1.27 mm (0.050") which is a size good for RF circuits for 0805 =
components. Alternatively, Void out the top two layers under the 130 ohm =
layers so the height above the plane is taller. The limititing factor on =
this is the overall board thickness.
Hope that was useful

Steve Salkow=20
Lockheed Martin=20