[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: why are all breed shows getting bigger and specialties ...

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:05:35 EST

 Evan writes:
>It is clear that since there are more bad dogs than good, the place they
can
>finish is at the All Breed Shows. A good judge will do a good judge
>anywhere. But, you see very few bad judges at the Specialty shows. So, any
dog  can win at an All Breed Show, but mostly the best ones only win at
Specialt
I am going to disagree with Evan.  I'm sure he wont mind.
I have seen good dog and bad dogs win at both specialties and all breeds.
In this are we are seeing a lot of good dogs at the all breeds because that's
were the points are.  In either arena, specialty or all breed I have seen
good dogs loose to bad dogs, and I've seen good dogs win in spite of their
handlers and the judges.  The fact is that there are far more all breeds than
specialties, and if we would get off our arses, we could enter those excellent
specialty dogs at the all breeds and make a difference.  Of course there will
be a
little less tolerance for the exuberance, the doubling and the dirtiness
coming and going.......I have shown my dogs and won at both all breeds and
specialties and am very proud of my dogs wins in both rings. Lets not be so
"special".
 Or we are going to "special" ourselves out of competition.
I enjoy all breeds for all the things they have to offer.  Shopping is good,
learning is good.
You can even make new friends......not that there is anything wrong with the
old ones <G>.

Ileana