[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: whites

  • From: Karen M. Carloni <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 00:27:42 -0500

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 21:45:32 -0500, Pharaohs Revenge
<pharaohsrevenge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>And the BBS overseas are all white GSDs, all of the lines used
>to start the breed where American/Canadian white GSDs. If you
>guys want to start a different breed here, give up on your
>AKC-registered white GSDs and just start importing BBS and
>just use FCI registration instead of AKC.

Why on earth would we do that? Didn't you just say that
all the European dogs used to create the BBS were American
and Canadian born/registered white German shepherds??

>You can still register them in UKC with FCI papers. Using FCI
>registration is what many breeds, including my other breed, the
>Berger Picard, did before they got AKC recognition.

Now Donna, you know good and well that it's one registry
per country. And in the USA, that means AKC. I wish it
could be UKC, but that is not the case. We do need to
follow FCI rules here. Registering with a non-FCI
recognized kennel association is fruitless and silly.

>If you really believe they are something other than a GSD,
>prove it by taking a real step, stop registering your
>"White Shepherds" in AKC as German Shepherd Dogs.

Goodness! Thank you so much for your obvious concern.
("You love us... you really, really love us!") We'll be
sure to take your recommendation under advisement.

>Then the GSDCA board doesn't have to be involved.

Oh course they do. And *you* have just proved THAT by
re-stating the fact that foreign-born and foreign
registered (as something *other than* a GSD) BBS have
been brought here and registered as German shepherds!

Once again... AWSA is *not* your enemy!  :)
--
Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx