[ SHOWGSD-L ] "white" dogs - STOP THE MADNESS...again....

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:10:52 -0800

I Agree with Carolyn - Because she is always
right!

My two main occupations in life gave me a little
different twist on things than some people. As a
police officer I learned to not buy into
responsibilities that were not mine. Then as a
Pastor I was constantly faced with people with
problems. I had been prepared. Stand with them,
support them as best you can, but do not take
their problems away from them.

Now back to the White GSD problem. I think people
should not breed against the standard. So, no one
asked me or cares what I think. So they do. Some
of us are purists - some are not. So, good for
freedom. They break no law, so even if I disagree
with their practice, I will fight for their
freedom.

Next is the problem of rewarding those who break
our standard expectation. We voted to keep the
standard as is, we enjoy our sport and our dogs,
so we have maintained our purity of breed
standard. I do not hate white dogs, or the people
who love them. I am just committed to our
standard. We have maintained our standard.

Now what do we do with those who decide to not
breed to the standard? Well, frankly, I am not
going to take that responsibility. It is not mine
to take. Nor should the club take responsibility
for a problem that we did not create...

Hold on now, I'm getting to the point. If we
decide that they need punishment, it will not
rectify the problem, for they do not see it as a
problem and are not going to stop or change. The
die is cast. The problem is:

1. How will that affect the problems in breeding?
Not my problem. I will only breed within the
standard.

2. How will this affect our showing and the
possibility that they might meet us in the group
ring? Again, not my problem. If they form a breed
and win, so, we compete with lesser breeds every
week and we either win or lose already. I don't
see the problem.

3. Which white dog club do we give approval to and
support in their efforts to become recognized? It
seems that we may have some stuck at this point.
The history of the White GSD/Dog is confusing and
there are many clubs, new clubs, foreign clubs
with approval, etc. So what do we do? Again!
AGAIN! We are not responsible for them or the
problem.

Personally I say give the AKC (not a given club) a
letter of release and let AKC and the various
white groups work it out. We have already made our
standard decisions. Let the responsibility fall
where it belongs, with those who want AKC approval
and AKC. AKC has been around for a while and they
can do what they feel is right. - Not our problem!
If you can join me in seeing this through the
matrix of responsibility, then you can join me in
relaxing and letting it go!

I hold no animosity toward those who are
passionate about things that I do not care about.
Let them enjoy and deal with their own problems.