[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "white" dogs - STOP THE MADNESS...again....

  • From: "Terry Cochran" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx" <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:43:53 +0000 (UTC)

The AKC will not allow a new breed to be created from a disqualifying fault of
a recognized breed. By not making the white a serious fault instead of a
disqualifying fault the problem was solved. They will not be allowed to form as
a new breed. It doesn't make any difference which white club tries. Terry

     On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:01 PM, Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 What Dave and Carolyn said — can’t be said any better.
Fran HenryDenver

On Jan 27, 2015, at 1:10 PM, David Fritsche <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

#yiv1734982108 #yiv1734982108 -- _filtered #yiv1734982108 {panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4
6 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv1734982108 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4
3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv1734982108 {font-family:Tahoma;panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4
2 4;}#yiv1734982108 #yiv1734982108 p.yiv1734982108MsoNormal, #yiv1734982108
li.yiv1734982108MsoNormal, #yiv1734982108 div.yiv1734982108MsoNormal
{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv1734982108 a:link,
#yiv1734982108 span.yiv1734982108MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv1734982108 a:visited, #yiv1734982108
span.yiv1734982108MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv1734982108
span.yiv1734982108EmailStyle17 {color:#1F497D;}#yiv1734982108
span.yiv1734982108EmailStyle19
{font-variant:normal;color:windowtext;text-transform:none;text-shadow:none;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none
 none;vertical-align:baseline;}#yiv1734982108 .yiv1734982108MsoChpDefault
{font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered #yiv1734982108 {margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in
1.0in;}#yiv1734982108 div.yiv1734982108WordSection1 {}#yiv1734982108 I Agree
with Carolyn – Because she is always right! My two main occupations in life
gave me a little different twist on things than some people. As a police
officer I learned to not buy into responsibilities that were not mine. Then as
a Pastor I was constantly faced with people with problems. I had been prepared.
Stand with them, support them as best you can, but do not take their problems
away from them. Now back to the White GSD problem. I think people should not
breed against the standard. So, no one asked me or cares what I think. So they
do. Some of us are purists - some are not. So, good for freedom. They break no
law, so even if I disagree with their practice, I will fight for their freedom.
Next is the problem of rewarding those who break our standard expectation. We
voted to keep the standard as is, we enjoy our sport and our dogs, so we have
maintained our purity of breed standard. I do not hate white dogs, or the
people who love them. I am just committed to our standard. We have maintained
our standard. Now what do we do with those who decide to not breed to the
standard? Well, frankly, I am not going to take that responsibility. It is not
mine to take. Nor should the club take responsibility for a problem that we did
not create….. Hold on now, I'm getting to the point. If we decide that they
need punishment, it will not rectify the problem, for they do not see it as a
problem and are not going to stop or change. The die is cast. The problem is:
1. How will that affect the problems in breeding? Not my problem. I will only
breed within the standard.2. How will this affect our showing and the
possibility that they might meet us in the group ring? Again, not my problem.
If they form a breed and win, so, we compete with lesser breeds every week and
we either win or lose already. I don't see the problem.3. Which white dog club
do we give approval to and support in their efforts to become recognized? It
seems that we may have some stuck at this point. The history of the White
GSD/Dog is confusing and there are many clubs, new clubs, foreign clubs with
approval, etc. So what do we do? Again! AGAIN! We are not responsible for them
or the problem.  Personally I say give the AKC (not a given club) a letter of
release and let AKC and the various white groups work it out. We have already
made our standard decisions. Let the responsibility fall where it belongs, with
those who want AKC approval and AKC. AKC has been around for a while and they
can do what they feel is right. - Not our problem! If you can join me in seeing
this through the matrix of responsibility, then you can join me in relaxing and
letting it go! I hold no animosity toward those who are passionate about things
that I do not care about. Let them enjoy and deal with their own problems.