[ SHOWGSD-L ] "white" dogs - STOP THE MADNESS...again....

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 10:59:29 -0500

I am just sorry the Board did not allow the membership to vote on this on the
ballot

over the white DQ.   I obviously could be really wrong...but I do believe the
membership

would have voted to let the AKC separate the white GSD into a new breed.

This is a great point. Is it not the function of our board to represent the
membership?  If so, then the decision as to the White Shepherd should be a vote
of the club. It should not be a board function, unless the board members first
get input from the members.

I have and still do support the board. But, I think the board can at times take
on functions that are not properly their purview.  There is no reason a vote on
the Berger Blanc Suisse is not a member function. It is not an emergency, does
not threaten the welfare of the GSDCA and need not be consider in closed
session, or be left to 12 club member, just because they were elected to the
board.

It should have been put to a club vote. Maybe in the future, that will be
considered.  As we have learned, a board vote is only valid up to the next time
the same or a new board votes again.

Evan

 German Shepherd