[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: stomping, cheering crowds~long

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Karen Morrill" <kmorrill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:46:22 -0600

Karen..I don't think what you said could be taken wrong..my point was...in
dogs..we make judgements..we evaluate puppies..and choose what we think is
best...we take them to shows..for a judge to give his opinion about what is
best...it is true all dogs have different attributes...but that does not
make them equal. A dog that scores a perfect 200 in an obedience trial is
not equal to a dog that scores a 170...and dog that scores the highest is
given a high in Trail..should we take that away to make all equal because
let's say..the trainer that scored the 170 at that point in their life, is
not as serious or perhaps her dog has less aptitude? My point was that many
feel..whether governed by emotions or some other feeling..that to not
acknowledge that all dogs are equal  by clapping is to in some way slight
the owners..and perhaps the dogs themselves..but the whole process of
evaluation is to find the better..not the equal dog in the show ring. If
you choose to want to clap for every dog..that is your business..but what
would you do in the center of the ring if given the opportunity to make a
judgement call? Perhaps this is why some choose not to judge..they don't
want to choose..or hurt anyones feelings..or maybe they truly cannot see
the sometimes small differences that make one dog better than another. My
honor roll analogy was to simply point out..that we have in the country are
developing an" all inclusive" mind set..which says excellence should not be
rewarded as everything should be treated as equal...thus lowering the
standard bar..and rewarding the ordinary..and not the extraordinary.
Christine

harder...I wanted to party! Now I have returned to university, am almost
finished my HBA with extremely high marks. I do not think I was stupid back
then, or lazy...just interested in other things at the time is all. I do
not consider myself better than those who get lower grades than me now...I
imagine some may be going through what I did. How this relates to dogs? I
think that every dog has it's own purpose but in fact, they are all equally
as good as the next...in their own unique way, and for whatever reason...
> I hope this is taken in the way I am meaning it to be taken.
> Thanks, Karen :))

FORWARDS
>   of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original
author
>   AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
>   >
>   > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
>   MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
>   PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
>   FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL BE
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx