[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: standard change

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 16:25:57 -0400 (EDT)

That's odd, I haven't lost coat in breeding several generations of dogs not
 recessive....odd that you lost coat in one generation....so since we've
had  differing experiences, I don't think you can take the theory to the bank.

I have, on the other hands, done numerous breedings where I have bred  a
recessive to a recessive and was lass than pleased w/ the non-coated  puppies
coats, outer coat too soft/silky.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 5/24/2014 2:58:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Kathy  (at Pinehills,)
I can tell you for a fact, when we bred to a dog with no  coat factor, with
dogs behind him that had no coat factor, our beautiful  plush, coats and
furnishings were wiped out in one , ONE generation.
I  would rather deal with a couple of coated puppies than loss of coat.
In the  show ring especially, a plush beautiful coat is stunning.
I adore a plush  coat.  Kappo has a very very plush coat, with long  thick
furnishings
and thick undercoat.  While it can take many  hours for him to dry , even
after the blowdryer,
I would not have it any  other way. He also doesn't get soaking wet in the
rain, because of  that
thick coat.  Nor does he pick up foxtails or burrs, except for  occasionally
along his metatarsals. Very
correct coat, very utilitarian  and stunning.
We would be unlikely to seek out a dog that does not
carry  coat factor, as our past experience was not wonderful.   I like
"dry"
horses,
I like my GSDs plush and beautiful      :-)
Wishing you and yours a great weekend.
Kathy  (Tank)

*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
<http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>*

*CH.  Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBsCH. Victory's Leviathan **Kappo  von
Eisenwerk*
*RBIF Monarch's Tarragon v  Kaleef*

*"Victory...*Vires et  honestas"

POST  is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html

http://showgsd.org/mail.html