[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: so many names, so little time

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>, <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>, <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:43:37 -0400

In our regional club our by-laws stated that we were to have a nominating
committee which chooses a slate and then we take nominations from the floor.
In the past every year someone got their feelings hurt and it caused many
unforgivable feuds for our new club because the nominating committee didn't
choose them or renominate them from a position they were currently in.
Therefore we have just amended our by-laws that we will now only take
nominations from the floor, and if we get in a jam and don't have someone
for the position the new board will fill the position.
It got so that noone wanted to be on the nominating committee for fear of
the repercussions from their choices.
While it was only a suggested slate and we still could nominate from the
floor and vote at election time,,,,we nearly had someone come to blows over
this nonsense.
Unbelievable how much harm can come from this,  so now that i have gotten
this change hopefully the split in the club and groups will start to heal
and come together for the good of the club instead of petty nonsense.
The PC is much bigger scale but it is possible that these problems could be
bypassed by only accepting nominees by petition. Not sure how well it would
work for the PC,,,,,but honestly there are always hurt feelings and finger
pointing when there is a nominating committee involved...................
Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com