[ SHOWGSD-L ] so many names, so little time

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 01:38:45 -0400

I think maybe a group of people should get together and form a
questionnaire that each person who is running should have to
answer.............that's the way the people running for Board seats,
etc., in other organizations do it.  When the questions and answers are
made public, it gives the rest of the members something to go on besides
the drivel that some spout to make themselves look good.
    I know some people are running who should NOT be on the Board...and
others who would be wonderful. It is sort of horrible to think that 26
people are running, I think.   The big thing to keep in mind is that it
should not be a popularity contest...and as everyone in the club gets to
vote but not everyone who votes knows all the candidates, a pre-election
questionnaire would be the ticket, don't you think?
       Asking people how they would have voted after the fact is
useless...of course they are going to give the "right" answer...
Peggy